Reconnecting With our Wild Souls 3-Day Retreats
May 2005, Vermont
This is also the story of how my soul found me, and it was a wild soul. I wasn't prepared for how wild it was. This soul speaks different languages than I. I am used to thinking in sentences and paragraphs and she speaks in colors and sensations I don't have a name for. Indeed, the greatest challenge of the journey entailed learning how to be receptive to her messages. These promptings were not disembodied channelings; they were grounded in my flesh.
Anne Hillman, from The Dancing Animal Woman: A Celebration of Life
The seeds of these retreats were planted long ago when...
I give myself to this work—a work that is about guiding people back to the themselves and connecting with others in an authentic way. Every one of these weekends is a miracle to me. It my greatest joy to see people recognize their own essence, their beauty, and to see the beauty in others. As facilitator I hold a loving, nonjudgemental space so we can all let down our gaurds and express our truth. I act as witness, not as teacher. Through these retreats I feel like I am doing what I was put on this planet to do.
To nurture a soulful, creative life that is of benefit to others we need to reconnect tenderly with our wild soul. We need to create a loving, open, nonjudgmental space for our tender parts to gain footing and courage. We need to create a clear path for the flow of Spirit through our lives.
This weekend retreat is for men and women who:
- Want to remember who they were before they got so good at doing what everyone expected.
- Want to feel what it's like to be truly seen and heard.
- Want to get in touch with playfulness, truthfulness, tenderness.
- Are ready to live a more full and soulful life.
- Want to spend time with open-hearted, kindred souls.
Requirements are few:
- The desire to rest the mind and allow the soul to speak
- The willingness to share in writing privately to yourself or with others. (No one will be forced to share with the group. Silent participants who choose to witness quietly are just as essential as those who will share all!)
- An ability or desire to relax into our unfolding
- A respect for Love, Soul and Spirit
- A commitment to honesty and growth
- A love of beauty and nature
What we will do together:
- Reflection and Expression (written and oral)
- Movement, Stretching, Energy Flow
- Story Telling
Times and Locations: If any retreats are scheduled they will appear listed below. If no retreats are listed and you would like to host one or know of a great location to hold it please contact me at If you'd like to be informed when a retreat is scheduled please sign up for our newsletter using the form to the right. .